A 3 : Doi Mae Salong – Mae Sai – Golden Triangle.
( Full day tour : 9.00 am. – 5.30 pm.)
Drive from Chiang Rai arriving at Doi Mae
Salong“ Little Switzerland” because of the mountainous panoramas , a former
settlement of Yunnan Chinese who came with the 93rd Infantry of Kuomintang
(KMT) during the communist revolution. Enjoy the clean air and the simple
folk lifestyle among the tea-growing and temperate-product plantations communities.
Continue to Mae Sai, the northern-most city
of Thailand and its border with Myanmar.
Have lunch at Mae Sai.
Enjoy shopping for souvenirs at the border market Such as rubies, jade,
silver , freshwater pearl , handicrafts, herbal cosmetics And other. (Crossing
the border to Myanmar is optional)
Depart for the world famous Golden Triangle , historically
connected to the opium and heroin trade. there is a panoramic views of three
countries , Thailand , Myanmar and Laos. (Visiting the Opium Museum / or the Hall of Opium / or boat trip
on the Mae Khong River are optional.)
Drive back to Chiang Rai and drop off at hotel.
Price per Person in Thai Baht
1,500 Baht / person.
Tour Price Includes
• Comfortable air-con car or minibus with petrol.
• Licensed English speaking tour guide.
Tour Price Excludes
• Drinks .
• Opium Museum ( 50 Baht extra) / the Hall of Opium ( 200 Baht extra)
• Boat trip on Mae Khong River to Laos ( 300 Baht extra ).
• Myanmar visa fee. ( 10 USD / 500 Baht extra.)
• Any items not mentioned in itinerary .